Saturday, December 27, 2008

Favorite Waffles!!!

Okay, so I've had this waffle recipe I've used since we've been married...and today I decided to change it up a bit. I've swapped out the oil for non-fat plain yogurt before and have loved it, but this time I added the vanilla. Woah, boy! It was so delicious!!! The kids don't usually eat all the waffles on their plate, but this time, they ate what was on their plate PLUS seconds! So, in my opinion...they're miracle waffles! But don't take my word for it...try it yourself! We like to top with mixed berries and whip cream.

FAVORITE WAFFLES

2 eggs, separated

1 1/2 c. milk

8 oz. plain non-fat yogurt

1 3/4 c. flour

1 Tbsp. baking powder

1 Tbsp. Sugar

1 tsp. Salt

1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat waffle griddle. In a small bowl beat the egg whites until stiff (not dry) and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Continue beating adding milk, yogurt & vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Beat until just smooth. Fold in beaten egg whites. Let sit for 5 minutes before cooking. ENJOY!

4 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a gourmet mama! I am sure the waffles are terrific. I will have to try them some time...or I will stop by early one morning!

Kira said...

Yum, Yum, Yum, is it only when you can't have a lot of carbs that those look like HEAVEN?!?!? Maybe when I pop you can come and make me some :), even better!

Buchanan Fam said...

I've decided waffles are one of my favorite breakfast foods. I'll definitely need to try this recipe!

Kira said...

These are great. We made them the other day for 3 nephews and they LOVED them (although I unfortunatley did not have any... too many carbs for right now). Thanks!